Updated Advisory on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated March 11, 2020
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its spread, mainly in mainland China, is continuing to raise concerns all over the world. We would like to provide you with an update on the current situation about the 15th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry in Hamburg.
We are monitoring the global situation closely. At this point, the 15th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry is scheduled to take place as planned from July, 1 – 4, 2020. Therefore, we continue with the preparations at full speed and look forward to a successful congress.
Our first priority is the protection, safety and well-being of all participants. We have full confidence in the German Health Authorities and their measures to prevent the disease. The German Medical Officers have raised the risk for the public from moderate to high. This permits the government to plan for all eventualities.
Attendees from Asia
At this stage we expect that participants from Asia might not be able to attend due to travel bans or other personal reasons.
In the run-up to the 15th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, we have the following recommendations:
- Check your personal health insurance coverage
- Make sure you have travel insurance
- Check your country’s guidelines and recommendations for travel to Germany
- Check your own health status before traveling
- Follow the link (https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses) to consult the World Health Organization’s latest Q&A on the coronavirus