Abstract Submission Guidelines
The Scientific Committee invites you to participate actively in this congress which will be an extraordinary occasion for the exchange of thoughts and experiences. We look forward to receiving abstracts online for consideration and inclusion in the scientific programme as oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically via the web-based system for abstract submission for the 15th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry in Hamburg/Germany.
- The abstract text should not exceed the 250 words limit (with title, author names and affiliation details excluded).
- The abstract title should not exceed the 130 characters limit (spaces included).
- Co-authors of an abstract must not exceed five (5) in total.
- All manuscripts are subject to editorial and scientific review.
- The deadline for submission of abstracts is 29 January 2020.
- All posters will be presented onsite as ePoster.
Oral medicine and pathology
Syndromes and genetics
Growth and development
Special Needs Patients
Each presentation for the congress requires an abstract to include brief details of the work. The abstract should give details of the methods used and the most important data findings. There are two types of abstracts that can be submitted for review: Research articles and case reports.
There should be headings in bold/capitals for: AIM, METHODS, RESULTS and the important CONCLUSIONS.
- AIM: Usually one short simple sentence stating the objective of doing the study.
- METHODS: This section must be clearly written and in sufficient detail for the work to be repeated by other workers. Only the FDI tooth notation system must be used. The statistical methods used should be stated.
- RESULTS: These should be clearly and succinctly presented and only related to the methods described. Where appropriate data should be given as to the reproducibility of the findings. Statistical analysis should be included in this section. Images, tables and visual data should not be submitted.
- CONCLUSION: This should briefly outline the most important findings.
The format for these reports should follow a similar layout to research papers. The title page, author’s address should be the same as described above. There should be an abstract briefly describing the case and treatment provided.
The headings in the abstract must be:
- A very brief INTRODUCTION about the disease or the condition of the case report.
- BACKGROUND: The clinical case/technique should be briefly explained.
- CASE REPORT(S): Described in detail.
- There must be a description of the FOLLOW-UP: Description of the clinical care carried out, which preferably should have been for two years where appropriate, this is to indicate the degree of success.
CONCLUSION: Briefly outline the most important findings.
Important to know
Registration to the congress is mandatory to be able to present the abstract and get it published in the abstract book – and must be completed immediately once the notification of acceptance has been send. If the speaker fails to register, his / her abstract will be excluded from the scientific programme.
If a delegate has registered upon the condition that his / her abstract is accepted and the abstract is rejected, the registration fee will be refunded. The acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee does not imply any financial assistance or fee reduction.